Development & Communications Coordinator
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Development & Communications, the Development & Communications Coordinator will maintain the gift processing experience and support the philanthropic and communication efforts of the organization by performing the duties below.
- Conduct all gift processing, including gift entry and acknowledgement, within 48 hours of gift receipt, and send monthly pledge payment reminders. Maintain accurate and timely records on all philanthropic and volunteer activity.
- Produce standard and unique reports on philanthropic activity, including gifts, pledges, event attendance and volunteer activities.
- Prepare lists for donor/volunteer appeals (direct mail, youth thank-a-thons, email campaigns), stewardship and event invitations.
- Assist with the development and execution of the annual donor stewardship plan – including entering critical donor details/updates and assigning engagement duties to executive leaders.
- In partnership with the SVP of Development & Communications, create and execute the monthly communications calendar. Write Facebook posts and weekly Vanguard eNewsletter material; create and send Vanguard and other communication pieces to constituents through Constant Contact. Maintain website updates.
- Assist with photo and video asset acquisition, secure releases and maintain organization of assets.
- Serve as the primary liaison with outside fundraisers. Ensure completion of event forms and adherence to brand standards.
Steward and acknowledge outside organizations as appropriate.
- Act as a spokesperson at public speaking events to include check presentations, outside events, informational talks, etc.
- Assist with the production and execution of branding/mission/advocacy events (like symposia).
- Assist in establishing best practices for donor acquisition, donor retention and payment fulfillment.
- Maintain data integrity and clean up inconsistent data.
- Research ways to improve efficiencies for current data management processes.
- Recruit, select, train, retain, monitor and recognize volunteers and interns (unpaid staff) placed throughout Pathfinders’ broad array of services.
- Lead community outreach efforts to recruit a diverse pool of volunteers and interns
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries
- Maintain and expand public listings regarding volunteer opportunities, including but not limited to United Way
- Screen, interview and select volunteer and intern candidates
- Update curriculum and related materials for all volunteer trainings, in partnership with HR; seek input from program partners
- Assist with the implementation of continuing education for volunteers/interns in conjunction with program staff, as needed
- Provide follow up and support for all volunteers/volunteer supervisors
- Create, manage and organize volunteer appreciation activities in conjunction with the Development & Communications team
- Maintain tracking of volunteers and volunteer opportunities in Donor Perfect database; run agency reports, as needed
- Manage single-day corporate/group volunteers
- Create and manage meaningful engagement opportunities for the community to support Pathfinders.
- Research, secure and steward individual/corporate/faith-based donors and other organizations for the solicitation of in-kind goods, serving Drop-In Center dinners, providing year-end holiday gifts and other meals/items.
- Develop and manage the delivery/pick up schedule of in-kind donations with donors.
- Exercise discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposal of donated goods and maintains donor relationships.
- Provide donation information for Donor Perfect data entry and donor acknowledgement.
- Work with program staff to ensure the proper processing of donations and needs.
- Represent the organization at public events/public speaking opportunities.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with all departments/programs to coordinate volunteer needs and maximize volunteer resources and assistance.
- Maintain volunteer records and complete necessary reports of activities, inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Maintain intern timesheets and data entry of hours worked. Official intern files will be managed by HR.
- Participate in all program and agency meetings, trainings and development opportunities as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager, in conjunction with other Pathfinders staff, will manage the supervision of the unpaid staff of approximately 200 volunteers and carry out volunteer supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s
policies, procedures and all applicable laws. Pathfinders’ model of volunteer and intern placement within programs requires that individual program staff provide day-to-day supervision of unpaid staff, with support from the Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager.
- General understanding of fundraising process.
- Experience in database administration; DonorPerfect knowledge and experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong data analytical skills, knowledge of query creation, and experience manipulating and merging data.
- Have an analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Respect for complete confidentiality of donor information.
- Must be highly accurate and detailed oriented while meeting goals within short timeframes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical data in an effective manner to staff, board members, and donors.
Starting salary of $30,000 - $32,000, depending upon professional background and work experience. Excellent benefits package includes health/dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and generous paid time off plan. Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals and work within a supportive, flexible, creative, and nontraditional environment.
Send a letter of interest current resume via mail or email to the address noted above.
An Equal Opportunity Organization
Pathfinders is committed to a diversified workforce. Persons of color, women, the disabled, and those with diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.