Middle School Teacher
The Teacher will be directly responsible for implementation of the Education and Treatment Program within the Southeastern Education Center.
- Teach assigned classes and prepare weekly schedules and course outlines for at-risk urban youth.
- Conduct academic testing of students and consult with others concerning student needs.
- To facilitate students in developing necessary life skills by working with their positive interests and abilities.
- Facilitate parent/teacher conferences.
- Assist faculty members in supervising students in the school building, on field trips and in recreation activities in the community.
Administration and Planning
- Develop curriculums and daily assignments that help students connect their education to daily living and future vocational needs.
- Provide and maintain a safe and caring environment for students.
- Ensure the program rules and agency policies are followed.
- Record daily attendance, weekly progress reports, and semester grades of students in a timely manner.
- Informally provide beginning and end-of-day goal setting review.
- Implement and participate in recreation/leisure time activities for students.
- Implement services to students as outlined in their individual education and IETP treatment plan.
- Participate in all meetings as required.
- Motivate students to succeed in the classroom and daily living.
- Demonstrate positive role modeling for students and families.
Education and/or Experience
- Must present a sealed transcript from an accredited university verifying a Bachelor Degree.
- One year classroom teaching experience.
- Experience with at-risk or special education population preferred.
This position requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Education. Must have a valid WI Academic teaching license or enrolled in an alternative education program, driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance coverage. This position also requires 30 hours of staff development per calendar year.
Starting salary range of $33,500 to $37,500, depending upon professional background and work experience. Excellent benefits package includes health/dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and generous paid time off plan. Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals.
Send a letter of interest and a current resume, via mail or email to the address noted above. No phone calls regarding position will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Organization
Pathfinders is committed to a diversified workforce. Persons of color, women, the disabled, and those with diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.