Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Development & Communications, the Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager will manage and implement strategies that mobilize people to give, advocate and volunteer/serve as interns at Pathfinders. The Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager works collaboratively with all programs to assist with the recruitment of their volunteer/intern staffing positions. As a member of the Development & Communications team, this person contributes to the overall department’s goals of increasing and deepening donor engagement.
- Recruit, select, train, retain, monitor and recognize volunteers and interns (unpaid staff) placed throughout Pathfinders’ broad array of services.
- Lead community outreach efforts to recruit a diverse pool of volunteers and interns
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries
- Maintain and expand public listings regarding volunteer opportunities, including but not limited to United Way
- Screen, interview and select volunteer and intern candidates
- Update curriculum and related materials for all volunteer trainings, in partnership with HR; seek input from program partners
- Assist with the implementation of continuing education for volunteers/interns in conjunction with program staff, as needed
- Provide follow up and support for all volunteers/volunteer supervisors
- Create, manage and organize volunteer appreciation activities in conjunction with the Development & Communications team
- Maintain tracking of volunteers and volunteer opportunities in Donor Perfect database; run agency reports, as needed
- Manage single-day corporate/group volunteers
- Create and manage meaningful engagement opportunities for the community to support Pathfinders.
- Research, secure and steward individual/corporate/faith-based donors and other organizations for the solicitation of in-kind goods, serving Drop-In Center dinners, providing year-end holiday gifts and other meals/items.
- Develop and manage the delivery/pick up schedule of in-kind donations with donors.
- Exercise discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposal of donated goods and maintains donor relationships.
- Provide donation information for Donor Perfect data entry and donor acknowledgement.
- Work with program staff to ensure the proper processing of donations and needs.
- Represent the organization at public events/public speaking opportunities.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with all departments/programs to coordinate volunteer needs and maximize volunteer resources and assistance.
- Maintain volunteer records and complete necessary reports of activities, inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Maintain intern timesheets and data entry of hours worked. Official intern files will be managed by HR.
- Participate in all program and agency meetings, trainings and development opportunities as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager, in conjunction with other Pathfinders staff, will manage the supervision of the unpaid staff of approximately 200 volunteers and carry out volunteer supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s
policies, procedures and all applicable laws. Pathfinders’ model of volunteer and intern placement within programs requires that individual program staff provide day-to-day supervision of unpaid staff, with support from the Volunteer & Community Engagement Manager.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field. Experience with recruitment and management of paid or unpaid staff is required.
- Experience interacting with diverse population of adolescents and young adults within a nonprofit setting is required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be willing to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Must be organized, reliable, and demonstrate the ability to maintain privileged client information and work effectively within nontraditional youth settings with a diverse population of adolescents and young adults, including LGBTQ youth.
- Must have advanced experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other programs.
Starting salary of $29,000-$39,000. Excellent benefits package includes health/dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and generous paid time off plan. Opportunity to join a caring and committed team of professionals.
Send letter of interest and current resume via email to email@example.com. Organizational information can be found at www.pathfindersmke.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Organization
Pathfinders is committed to a diversified workforce. Persons of color, women, the disabled, and those with diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.