Senior Leadership Team
Learn more about the people leading Pathfinders.
Tim Baack, MS LPC
President & CEO
Tim Baack is the President/CEO. A state-licensed professional counselor, Tim has been affiliated with Pathfinders since 1988 and has served in variety of positions including Interim President/CEO, Senior Vice President of Strategic Development and Executive Vice President. During his tenure with Pathfinders, he has provided key leadership regarding the organization’s operations, administration, budgeting, program development, and human resources.
Tim’s Involvements & Accomplishments:
- Elected member of the Steering Committee for the Milwaukee Continuum of Care (CoC), a 100 plus member strong coalition that has been recognized by local government, the State of Wisconsin, and the federal government as the group responsible for planning, organizing, and evaluating the continuum of services for homeless individuals and families.
- Chaired the Prevention and Emergency Services Workgroup throughout the CoC’s work on Milwaukee’s 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness – a community-wide effort to prevent homelessness and increase the availability of safe and affordable permanent housing and supportive services for all Milwaukee citizens.
- Chair of the CoC’s Coordinated Entry Workgroup since 2011– a comprehensive systems change initiative that will enhance access and delivery of homeless services throughout Milwaukee County and advance the community’s efforts to end homelessness
- Chair of the Shelter Task Force Committee of Milwaukee
- In 2012, Tim was recognized by President Obama as one of thirteen Champions of Change nationwide for his efforts on youth and young adult homelessness.
- Former Board President of the Wisconsin Association for Homeless and Runaway Services, a statewide membership organization that promotes best practice standards and positive youth development methods on behalf of runaway and homeless youth serving agencies.
Julie Bock, MSSW, LCSW
Senior Vice President Of Programs
Julie Bock is the Senior Vice President of Programs. She started her career with Pathfinders as its Youth Shelter Director; currently she oversees all Pathfinders program departments, including Community Engagement, Education, Rosalie Center for Family Engagement and Housing. Julie is a licensed clinical social worker, holding a Master of Science in Social Work from the University of Wisconsin. Additionally she holds certification in Trauma from UWM, in Women’s Studies from UW, and the Executive Leadership Institute of the Alliance for Children and Families at the University of Michigan. She has also been a scholar with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention HIV Institute.
Cathy Arney, MSW, LCSW
Vice President Of Community Services
Cathy Arney is Vice President of Community Services, and has worked with Pathfinders for eighteen years. A licensed clinical social worker, Milwaukee Magazine recognized Cathy as one of Milwaukee’s leading psychotherapists. She led the development of Pathfinders’ highly regarded graduate and post-graduate clinical training program for many years. Cathy has worked in several settings in addition to Pathfinders, including Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital, Marquette University Counseling Center, and her own private practice. She began her specialization in the treatment of traumatized youth 25 years ago at one of Milwaukee’s first child treatment programs for sexually abused youth.
Katie Hamm, MSW
Vice President Of Homeless Services
Katie Hamm is Vice President of Homeless Services. Katie has a wealth of experience managing diverse staff, ensuring compliance with federal and local funders, designing programs, and providing evidence-based sexual health education to youth. Most recently Katie worked at Diverse & Resilient heading their federally-funded HIV programming in addition to performing key research informing their condom accessibility campaign. She has her master’s in social work and has spent many years specializing in youth programming, sexual health and issues of cultural diversity. Katie currently teaches Cultural Diversity and Human Sexuality at UWM in the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare. She has presented both locally and nationally on many topics including HIV, racism, and community readiness.
Vice President Of Educational Services
Darren Buckley is the Vice President of Educational Services, and has been with Pathfinders since July 2014. Darren has been serving SEC (Southeastern Education Center) for a number of years and was essential in providing continuity, vision, and stability during the transitions of last school year. Darren’s strong commitment to academic rigor as well as building relationships with the vulnerable youth and families served by SEC is a great asset to our organization.
Vice President Of Operations
Pete Lewis is the Vice President of Operations. Pete has worked with Pathfinders since 2005 in a variety of roles relating to information technology and operations. Pete has been a key player during Pathfinders’ many transitions during a decade of growth which included facility moves, IT transitions, integration of Southeastern Youth & Family Services, and the melding in of Rosalie Manor. Pete continues to facilitate the redevelopment and advancement of Pathfinders technology services as he has done since 2005. This has resulted in the increased efficiency and effectiveness of the organization as a whole.
Director Of Development
Genise Lindner is the Director of Development. Prior to joining the Pathfinders team in 2003, Genise served for 10 years in a variety of marketing and member relations positions including Director of Sales for Best Western Hotels and the Membership Director of the Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce. She plays an active role in the United Way of Greater Milwaukee Speakers Bureau and Loaned Executive programs. Genise holds a Bachelor of Science in psychology from Marquette University.