Senior Leadership Team
Learn more about the people leading Pathfinders.
Tim Baack, MS LPC
President & CEO
Tim Baack is the President/CEO. A state-licensed professional counselor, Tim has been affiliated with Pathfinders since 1988 and has served in variety of positions including Interim President/CEO, Senior Vice President of Strategic Development and Executive Vice President. During his tenure with Pathfinders, he has provided key leadership regarding the organization’s operations, administration, budgeting, program development, and human resources.
Tim’s Involvements & Accomplishments:
- Elected member of the Steering Committee for the Milwaukee Continuum of Care (CoC), a 100 plus member strong coalition that has been recognized by local government, the State of Wisconsin, and the federal government as the group responsible for planning, organizing, and evaluating the continuum of services for homeless individuals and families.
- Chaired the Prevention and Emergency Services Workgroup throughout the CoC’s work on Milwaukee’s 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness – a community-wide effort to prevent homelessness and increase the availability of safe and affordable permanent housing and supportive services for all Milwaukee citizens.
- Chair of the CoC’s Coordinated Entry Workgroup since 2011– a comprehensive systems change initiative that will enhance access and delivery of homeless services throughout Milwaukee County and advance the community’s efforts to end homelessness
- Chair of the Shelter Task Force Committee of Milwaukee
- In 2012, Tim was recognized by President Obama as one of thirteen Champions of Change nationwide for his efforts on youth and young adult homelessness.
- Former Board President of the Wisconsin Association for Homeless and Runaway Services, a statewide membership organization that promotes best practice standards and positive youth development methods on behalf of runaway and homeless youth serving agencies.
Julie Bock, MSSW, LCSW
Senior Vice President Of Programs
Julie Bock is the Senior Vice President of Programs. She started her career with Pathfinders as its Youth Shelter Director; currently she oversees all Pathfinders program departments, including Community Engagement, Education, Rosalie Center for Family Engagement and Housing. Julie is a licensed clinical social worker, holding a Master of Science in Social Work from the University of Wisconsin. Additionally she holds certification in Trauma from UWM, in Women’s Studies from UW, and the Executive Leadership Institute of the Alliance for Children and Families at the University of Michigan. She has also been a scholar with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention HIV Institute.
Katie Hamm, MSW
Vice President Of Homeless Services
Katie Hamm is Vice President of Homeless Services. Katie has a wealth of experience managing diverse staff, ensuring compliance with federal and local funders, designing programs, and providing evidence-based sexual health education to youth. Most recently Katie worked at Diverse & Resilient heading their federally-funded HIV programming in addition to performing key research informing their condom accessibility campaign. She has her master’s in social work and has spent many years specializing in youth programming, sexual health and issues of cultural diversity. Katie currently teaches Cultural Diversity and Human Sexuality at UWM in the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare. She has presented both locally and nationally on many topics including HIV, racism, and community readiness.